Feb 12, 2008

How to create a distribution list in Outlook, not!

A few days ago I sent a company-wide email asking for managers to nominate some of their group members for a specific event here. I received many responses listing names of employees. Thus I decided to put together an Outlook distribution list with the email addresses of the nominees so that I can communicate with them directly.

Sure enough, I got to the new list editing window. I moved it on the right side of my monitor and then I tried to go through my inbox so that I could read the names of the nominees from each message. Guess what! The distribution list editing window blocks all other action on Outlook while it is open.

I guess I would have to write the nominee names on a piece of paper, then open the distribution list and type them there.

Nice job, Microsoft, thank you.

No comments: